The Chicago Fire had a remarkable 2017 season in which our MLS team finally broke the streak of years missing playoffs, and now the club is looking to continue to improve during their 2018 campaign. To help them reach new heights, the “Men In Red” have unleashed their primary kit.
Some of the notable features on this year’s shirt include:
- A custom jocktag to honor the 20th Anniversary of the Fire’s inaugural 1998 team that completed the historic “Double”, winning both the 1998 MLS Cup and 1998 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup championships
- Double-white bars on front of jersey, recalling the club’s inaugural 1998 kits
- White numbers, names and sleeve trim
- Blue shoulder striping, matching the secondary kit
- Six-pointed red stars lifted from the Chicago municipal flag on the back neck sign-off, with the distinct second star denoting the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
- ‘FIRE’ emblazoned on socks in distinctive Fire font