TBS Just For Laughs Chicago presented by State Farm, America’s largest comedy festival, will break new boundaries by providing comedy fans around the country with an all-access pass to a digital comedy hub “@ Stage 773”. Throughout the festival – which takes place Tuesday, June 11 to Sunday, June 16 – performances “@ Stage 773”” will be presented across multiple platforms through such high-profile digital outlets as Team Coco, Dailymotion, Yahoo!, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, The Nerdist, Broadway Video’s Above Average, Instagram, Pandora, SiriusXM, Chill.com, Set List as well as the festival’s website: www.justforlaughschicago.com. A digital comedy hub “@ Stage 773” will play host to solo shows by some of the hottest names in comedy, plus breakthrough performances by emerging talent. In addition, Stage 773 will feature exclusive live presentations from today’s most popular podcasts, including You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes, Doug Loves Movies, Ari Shaffir’s Skeptic Tank, and The Team Coco Podcast. Comedy fans will be able to enjoy a selection of the performances online for free around the clock.
“Through live streaming ‘@ Stage 773’ comedy fans around the country will be able to enjoy some of the amazing comedy from TBS Just For Laughs Chicago,” said Dennis Adamovich, senior vice president of digital, affiliate, lifestyle and enterprise commerce for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “This is a great opportunity to expand TBS Just For Laughs Chicago from a single-city event into a multi-platform comedy experience that can be enjoyed just about anywhere.”
“By making many of the shows performed at Stage 773 accessible to comedy fans around the country, TBS Just For Laughs Chicago is revolutionizing the manner in which comedy festivals are experienced,” said Bruce Hills, COO of Just For Laughs. “To that end, TBS Just For Laughs Chicago is proud to team up with of some of the biggest names in comedy to bring our vision to fruition.”
In addition, Stage 773 will feature performances from today’s hottest emerging stars including Chelsea Peretti, Kumail Nanjiani, Moshe Kasher, Todd Barry, @DadBoner and more.
Based out of Chicago’s multi-theater complex Stage 773, 1225 W. Belmont Avenue, the digital comedy hub “@ Stage 773” boasts a robust programming schedule that comprises some of comedy’s hottest podcasts, biggest stars, and brightest emerging talent, performing across each of the venue’s four unique stages: The Thrust, The Pro, The Box and The Cabaret. Tickets for all performances @ Stage 773 are $15 (+ service fees). Ticket packages will also be available.
The following are some of the exciting digital elements that will take place throughout the week:
- Conan O’Brien’s TeamCoco.com will curate three slots per night at The Digital Hub’s Cabaret space from June 13-15 with podcasts, solo shows and multi-comic shows featuring some of their favorite performers. Comics will also participate in the Team Coco ‘confessional’ booth installed in the Stage 773 lobby.
- Paul Provenza’s wildly popular improvised stand-up show Set List: Stand-Up Without A Net, will be streamed live on the Just For Laughs YouTube channel (youtube.com/justforlaughs), which will also be embedded on the Nerdist YouTube page (youtube.com/Nerdist) and Nerdist.com. The Festival will also host Google+ ‘hangouts’ with comedians throughout the week.
- Video hosting site Dailymotion.com will film and live stream four 60-minute performances by some of the industry’s hottest emerging talent, which will subsequently be edited into 24 individual modules available for viewing at any time.
- The digital arm of Lorne Michaels’ Broadway Video, Above Average, will present two special live performances featuring its YouTube channel partners, sketch sensations Tripp & Tyler, and comedy troupe The Katydids. The company will also film additional digital content throughout the Festival for subsequent viewing on its YouTube channel.
- TBS Just For Laughs Chicago will also use Twitter and Vine to promote the festival’s #OneVineDay initiative, which will see 100 comedians create and post Vines in a single day using the #JFLChicago hashtag.
- Los Angeles’s The Super Serious Show will bring their trademark ultra-stylized photography to TBS Just For Laughs Chicago’s Instagram page from June 13-15, when they post photos from their three Super Serious mash-up shows presented at The Digital Hub’s Thrust venue under the hashtag #JFLChicago.
- Yahoo!, meanwhile, will be on hand at the Festival to film Primetime In No Time, hosted by Theo Von, and to screen premiere episodes of various Yahoo! original comedy series.
- Fans looking to get an advance taste of this year’s Festival need look no further than leading internet radio service Pandora, where listeners can enjoy a TBS Just For Laughs Chicago 2013 mixtape of performance clips by artists appearing at this year’s festival.
- SiriusXM’s Raw Dog Comedy Channel 99 will broadcast daily interview shows with comedians from the festival.
- Chill.com will film Dancing Around The Sh*t Fire with Kyle Kinane, a variety show composed of comedy and musical acts, which will be available for download on its site.
- Tickets for The Chicago Theatre will be available at The Chicago Theatre box office and all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (312) 902-1500 or (800) 745-3000.
- Tickets for The Vic Theatre and Park West will be available at etix.com or by phone at
- Tickets for shows “@ Stage 773” will be available at Stage 773 box office, by phone at
(773) 327-5252 or online at www.stage773.com.
- Tickets for Constellation shows are available by phone at (877) 987-6487 and online at www.constellation-chicago.com or www.ticketfly.com
- Tickets for Jokes and Notes shows are available at the Jokes and Notes Box Office (Wednesday to Sunday as of 6:00 p.m.) or by phone at (773) 373-3390
· Tickets for most festival events will also be available at respective venue box offices.