The Taste Of Chicago is one of the staples of Summertime Chi with some of the best restaurants from all over the city setting up their tents for the thousands of locals and tourists to come by to. The main attractions to this culinary festival don’t stop at the food department, for this year’s musical acts are just as noteworthy.
At this year’s Taste, festival-goers can enjoy free concerts and ticketed headliner shows. Here are the more notable acts that we suggest you check out when you visit Grant Park this week:
- The Kickback (Free) at the Bud Light Stage: Wed., Jul. 11, 6:40 p.m.
- Kids These Days (Free) at the Bud Light Stage: Thu., Jul. 12, 4 p.m.
- Death Cab For Cutie ($25) at the Petrillo Music Shell: Thu., Jul. 12, 5:30 p.m.
- Mucca Pazza (Free) at the Bud Light Stage: Thu., Jul. 12, 6:40 p.m.
- The Waco Brothers sing Johnny Cash (Free) at the Bud Light Stage: Sat., Jul. 14, 5:20 p.m.
The Taste of Chicago 2012, held annually at Grant Park (north/south between Monroe Avenue and Balbo Drive, east/west between Michigan Avenue and Lake Shore Drive) is Chicago’s biggest event. The food festival started modestly on the Fourth of July in 1980 and has since then grown to be the world’s largest outdoor food fest. The Taste will be held from July 11-15 from 11:00 am-8:30 pm.
Make sure the stop by your favorite tent and head over to the Bud Light Stage and/or the Petrillo Music Shell to see these great acts.